Market watch in Arizona

Buying a home as an out-of-state resident? Look for the acronym CRP (which stands for Certified Relocation Professional) to ensure your realtor has been trained in the specific, long-distance service you’ll require. (Image courtesy of Maria Ziegler via Unsplash)

Contemplating a vacation property in Arizona? Whether you fancy a desert-style retreat in Scottsdale or a pristine pontoon-boat launch in Lake Havasu City, consider this: 40% of Americans own a vacation home, and the remaining 60% aspire to get one.

In the Grand Canyon State, Phoenix is tops for second homes. With access to baseball (think spring training) and dozens of golf courses (200 in the greater metro region alone), there’s plenty to love about the nation’s fifth-largest city – including lower-than-average median home prices, to the tune of $50,000.

More questions? Consult the Arizona Association of Realtors for recent trends.

– Hannah Van Sickle, The Arizona 100